- This event has passed.
The Journey of a Yogi: The Yoga History and Philosophy
October 19 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 6:00pm on Friday, repeating until December 14, 2018
Dates: October 5th and 19th; November 2nd, 16th, and 30th; December 14th, 2018
Class Times: Fridays 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm – Full course Description
Investment: $499 register before September 22nd, after $529 includes a light Ayurvedic meal and tea – To Register
This module is designed for participants who are seeking to study the foundations of yoga history, philosophy, traditions, ethics of yoga and learn more about this 5000-year-old practice and the ancient teachings that continue to be relevant today. You will gain a better understanding of where yoga comes from including the various traditions and lineages and how these sacred practices can be utilized.
This module is a great place to get started with the basics of yoga philosophy, ask questions and choose a path to dive deeper. Participants are encouraged to dialogue, questions and discuss any and all topics during the program. We want to provide the foundation of basic yoga principles in order for you to feel more connected to the journey of yoga.
The program is open to:
- students who want to dive deeper into their practice with a broader understanding of the history and philosophy of yoga
- practitioners who want to complete a 200HR yoga teacher training program with the flexibility of four different modules
- yoga teachers who are certified and want to build on their previous training and expand their knowledge through continuing education (CEU’s)
By the end of this module, participants will have a better understanding of:
- Patanjali’s eight limbs of yoga ethical principles that root yoga as a practice and philosophy
- classical yoga, modern yoga, history and philosophy
- different types of yoga: Hatha, Raja, Bhakti, Jhana and Karma
- the history of yoga, its styles, sutras, and ancient texts
- Tamas, Rajas, and Sattva
- an introduction to pranayama (breath work), meditation, chakras, mantras, mudras, chakras, Ayurveda
- mindfulness and perspective