Ayurveda LifeStyle Consultation with Kamie
Ayurveda appeared from India’s spiritual texts, called the Vedas, the world’s oldest extant literature. “Ayur” means life or daily living, and “Veda” means knowing. It teaches us how to recognize the power of self-knowledge in harmony with nature’s rhythms. Ayurveda takes a holistic approach to a person’s whole being and wellness. This healing system has been practiced for over 5,000 years and connects human beings to the natural world, keeping or returning a person to their rightful balance.
“Ayurveda offers specifically tailored recommendations for every individual, ranging from general lifestyle changes to the treatment of disease. Ayurveda is a system of individualized healthcare and a complete system of preventative medicine.” ~ Eat-Taste-Heal by Thomas Yarema
During an Ayurvedic Consultation, you will learn about Ayurvedic principles and how they apply to live in a balanced state of overall health and wellness with a deeper sense of joy and happiness. In our session, we will discuss the daily habits (dinacharya) and rhythms of life in correlation to nature’s natural rhythms. After reviewing your health history, lifestyle, routines, goals, and any issues you wish to address, we will determine your Ayurvedic constitution. From an Ayurvedic perspective, we will also look at other factors such as energy level, diet, sleep, personal practices (ex. yoga, meditation, prayer), and other parts of your life. Together, we will work with you to develop an Ayurvedic wellness plan, which includes a daily routine (dinacharya) to bring balance to your life. Along with foods, herbs, and body practices, this will include tools to help support you on your journey with practices that fit into your own lifestyle.
The purpose of Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultations is to provide insight and recommendations on lifestyle habits to engage the body’s natural healing ability.
Your first appointment is approximately 1.5 hours and has a one-time charge of $200 for the initial consultation. Follow up sessions are recommended and will depend on the time needed ($60 for 30 min, $120 for an hour, $30 for each additional 15 min). During the consultation session, you will obtain lifestyle recommendations for dosha balance, including:
- acquire an overall health and lifestyle assessment
- identify health concerns and wellness objectives
- gain a deeper understanding of your constitution (dosha according to Ayurveda) and how this plays a part in lifestyle choices
- evaluate imbalances that affect sleep, weight gain, stress, hormonal issues, infertility, menstrual issues, menopausal symptoms, and more…
- daily practices of asana, pranayama, meditation, dietary recommendations, behavioral habits, and more…
- Receive support/treatment recommendations and personalized treatment plans to apply immediately following our session (dinacharya or daily routine). This is one of the single most powerful Ayurvedic tools for improving overall health and wellbeing and is why the Kick Start Your Daily Routine is recommended. (contact Kamie for more information and questions).
This session is a collaborative effort, making you an active participant in choosing what is best for you and your lifestyle. Intake sessions are casual, private, and confidential. Follow up sessions are recommend for accountability and treatment adjustments.
Habits, Healthy Lifestyle and Wellness Coaching with Kamie
The new year often marks a time for deciding to live a healthier lifestyle in the upcoming year. However, you can adjust your habits at any time of year.
Whether you are adopting a different diet, exercise routine, or even cutting out a habit that no longer serves you, it is always a good time to build better habits. The sad part is they often don’t make it past a few weeks, let alone continue to flourish in your daily life.
This session will show you how creating positive habits and overcoming negative patterns are not about motivation and self-control. But instead, your success is based on how you view yourself and the methods you use to achieve better habits.
See Lifestyle Consultation above for more details.
What you will need for our session together
- Health and Wellness History Form
- Journal, notebook, supplies for writing
- Quiet Comfortable environment.
Activities that we will do together
- Review your intake form together
- Questions to establish what you would like to change or experience in your personal and professional life.
- Action steps to put your plan into motion.