Treatment and Recovery
Treatment oils and creams, recovery oils, and salves are specialized blends of oils infused with therapeutic ingredients designed to support the body’s recovery process, alleviate muscle tension, and promote overall experience and well-being. Therapists commonly use these oils and salves during bodywork sessions or can be applied by individuals for self-massage at home.
Massage creams are specialized formulations designed for use in Bodywork and massage therapy. These creams combine various ingredients to achieve a smooth, emollient texture that allows therapists to effectively manipulate the skin and underlying tissues. Unlike oils, massage creams typically have a thicker consistency, providing more friction during the massage process. They are often preferred for massage techniques requiring a slower glide and deeper tissue engagement.
Treatment Base Oils
Massage oils are composed of a base oil or carrier oil, serving as the predominant ingredient in the formulation. These carrier oils play a crucial role in bodywork by providing a smooth glide, promoting easy application, and facilitating the absorption of essential oils into the skin.
- Jojoba Oil: Known for its moisturizing and skin-soothing properties, jojoba oil closely resembles the natural oils produced by the skin, making it suitable for all skin types.
- Coconut Oil: With its moisturizing and antimicrobial properties, coconut oil is often used in massage oils for its skin-conditioning benefits.
- Sesame Seed Oil: with its nourishing attributes, including antioxidants and nutrients, with a smooth application, imparting calming therapeutic effects.
During a bodywork session, integrating therapeutic oils, including essential oils, herbal extracts, and botanicals, strengthens the benefits of the treatment method. Customization of massage oils is possible to cater to individual preferences and needs. Therapists or individuals can select specific blends tailored to achieve desired effects, such as stress relief, muscle recovery, overall relaxation, and more, depending on the treatment.
- Therapeutic Blends: Crafted through the combination of various carrier oils and essential oils, these oils form a synergistic blend with therapeutic effects. Carrier oils, such as jojoba, sweet almond, arnica oil, caster oil, or coconut oil, act as a foundation, while essential oils are selected for their distinct properties, encompassing anti-inflammatory, calming, muscle discomfort relief, and various other treatments.
- Arnica: Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, arnica extract is often included in massage oils to help reduce muscle soreness, bruising, and inflammation. Arnica extract is commonly used in massage oils for its anti-inflammatory properties, helping to relieve pain, swelling, and bruising associated with muscle strain or injury.
- CBD Salve: Deep Tissue Salve: While CBD contributes tremendous therapeutic value to the deep tissue, a full deck of supporting ingredients makes this product uniquely functional. When the deep tissue salve is first applied, you will feel a penetrating warming and cooling sensation from the menthol and essential oils. These plant extractions work deep into the muscle tissue and joints to stimulate blood flow and carry the arnica and CBD into the inflamed tissues.
- Pananrom Warming Muscle Rescue Oil: A therapeutic formula with Arnica to comfort and soothe occasional muscle & joint discomfort. Ingredients: Sesamum indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Arnica montana (Arnica) Flower Extract*, Olea europaea (Olive) Oil*, Eucalyptus citriodora (Eucalyptus Citriodora) Oil*, Gaultheria fragrantissima (Wintergreen) Oil*, Ocimum basilicum (Exotic Basil) Oil*, Rosemary officinalis (Rosemary ct Camphor) Oil*, Cananga odorata (Ylang Ylang) Oil*, Laurus nobilis (Bay Laurel) Leaf Oil*.
The application of recovery oils post-massage to extend the benefits of the treatment. The oils may continue to work on the skin and underlying tissues, providing a sense of well-being and supporting the body’s natural healing processes.
- Muscle Recovery: Massage oils can help alleviate muscle soreness, stiffness, and tension, promoting faster recovery after physical activity or exercise.
- Pain Management: Certain ingredients, such as arnica and ginger, have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help alleviate pain and discomfort associated with injuries, arthritis, or chronic conditions.
- Stress Relief: The soothing aroma and therapeutic properties of essential oils can help reduce stress, anxiety, and mental tension, promoting relaxation and emotional well-being.
- Skin Nourishment: The nourishing ingredients in massage oils help moisturize and hydrate the skin, leaving it soft, smooth, and supple.
While massage recovery and treatment oils are generally safe for topical use, it’s essential to perform a patch test before applying them to the skin to check for any allergic reactions or sensitivities.
**Individuals with certain medical conditions, allergies, or pregnancy should consult with a healthcare professional before using massage oils.
Overall, massage recovery and treatment oils offer a natural and effective way to support the body’s recovery process, relieve muscle tension, and promote relaxation and well-being. With their nourishing ingredients and therapeutic properties, these oils provide a luxurious and rejuvenating experience for both professional bodywork therapy sessions and at-home self-care rituals.