Ayurveda Basics: What is Ayurveda?
To Register. Minimum Requirement of 4 attendees. Pre-registration is required. Please note Date and location you plan to attend
What is does it mean to have vibrant health, live a meaningful life, and have a deep sense of peace, contentment, and purpose? Ayurveda means knowledge of life, and it originated in India more than 5,000 years ago. It is the oldest continuously practiced health care system in the world. The Ayurvedic (Sanskrit) term for health is “Svastha,” which literally translates to “established in the self.”
Today, we are applauded for being over-worked. We are taught that stress, anxiety, and exhaustion mean a job well done. Chronic diseases are viewed as a normal part of life and aging rather than a consequence. However, this could not be further from the truth. Imbalances feed disease and illnesses. Thus, true health is not based on being physically disease-free. Rather, it is based on the interaction of the body, mind, spirit, and senses infused with a lifelong sense of self or purpose, balanced life, and a vibrant spiritual connection.
Ayurveda embraces each person as an individual. Every person is born with a constitution for peak optimal health and wellness. Our lifestyles dictate whether we keep the balance or allow it to go awry, inevitably creating disease and illness. Ayurveda educates and inspires us to be well and to do well.
We will discuss the basics of Ayurveda:
- The five elements and how they play apart in our optimal health and wellness
- The twenty qualities (gunas) (AKA the ten pairs of opposites) and how they play a part in the doshas
- The three doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha (balance vs. imbalance)
- Doshas in: nature, climate, season, time of day and stage of life
- Ayurveda educates and inspires us to be well and to do well. Kamie is here to support you on your journey, find a balanced life, and rediscover your authentic self.
Saturday @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Start:September 22 @ 1:00 pm
- End:September 22 @ 4:00 pm
- Event Category
1229 Tyler Street NE Ste 140
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55413
Leave a Reply